Due to continued growth within Apexx, our VP of Product & Implementation is looking to strengthen the team with a skilllful Product Designer to lead the Design across our product offerings.
- Design. You should have experience in designing world class products in fast growing companies and strong understanding of good product design principles taking trends into consideration
- Passion. You’re passionate about design and accessibility, and you design with your end users in mind
- Aspire to grow. Grow your knowledge and inspire your team, but also other teams to contribute to our goals
- Curious, with a desire to learn. Understand our customers, the market, and our competition
- Big picture. You care for detail but are also comfortable zooming out and seeing the bigger picture to create a cohesive overall user experience
- Be decisive and give direction. Focus on delivering what’s truly important. Don’t get distracted by the noise
- Calm and measured. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment,, multitask and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Strong written and communication skills. Comfortable communicating with internal and external stakeholders on challenging issues
- Data driven. Ability to think both tactically and strategically. Ultimately your focus should be to prioritise the value you can add to customers
- Keen eye for detail. You have a strong eye for detail that allows for well reasoned design decisions
- Commercially astute. Commercial mind-set that can spot and optimise opportunities
- The tools. Experience with tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Miro and your preferred stack for delivering beautiful UX/ UI designs and prototypes
- Experience. Having a Product background from an eCommerce payment gateway is a great advantage
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Feature Design. Work with the VP Product and your wider team of Product Managers to design product features that overcome problems faced by Merchants and Partners
- Leading Design. This includes driving the future vision of the area and aligning the overall user experience across the roadmap
- Deliver it. You're responsible for delivering design artefacts; from inception and user journey mapping through to the final UI design
- Own it. Take responsibility for the end to end product design but knowing where and when to make scoping trade-offs based on technical constraints or business risk
- Collaborate. Collaborate regularly with piers using solid communication and documentation, bringing fresh ideas to the table
APEXX is a dynamic Fintech scale-up founded in 2016 with the goal of creating cutting edge payment technology. Our vision is to be the payment industry's most merchant centric provider. Through our platform a merchant can connect via a simple API connection to the world's payment ecosystem, increasing conversion at lower cost and satisfying their entire payments needs. We excel at bringing transparency, efficiency and competition to the payments market. What's more, we won the 'Most Disruptive Payment Technology' award in 2018 for the second consecutive year. No other company has ever retained this award and it demonstrates that APEXX is at the forefront of what can be achieved in Payments Technology.
The team is incredibly committed and enthusiastic about what we are building - top of the class payments solutions and a valuable business. This is infectious and creates a wonderful office atmosphere. We have a supportive, relaxed yet high performing and high trust culture.
Other benefits include:
- APEXX pension scheme with Scottish Widows
- Life Insurance 4x salary & 5 years’ salary protection for critical illness
- £600 yearly learning and development budget
- Childcare Vouchers & Flexibility for families
- Monthly team outings & incentives
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holiday. Plus, an extra day holiday for your birthday
- The option to carry 5 days holiday to the following year
- Complete flexi working locations & flexi hours with the opportunity to hot desk from three of our global offices. Our HQ is in the popular Fintech hub of Shoreditch, London
- Option of working 2 weeks a month abroad
- Monthly Fireside Chats and learning programs
- Bike 2 work scheme
Apexx is an equal opportunities employer committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our employees and eliminating discrimination.
We do not accept speculative CV’s or candidate profiles from Recruitment Agencies.