Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our UK team. Our successful candidate is someone who can hit the ground running and use their technical knowledge to resolve our merchants’ issues quickly while adhering to the best standards of service.
We are looking for someone who is excited about being part of a fast-growing company and that’s trying to make a positive mark in the payments industry. The ideal candidate will have strong technical knowledge, great communication skills, and have excellent attention to detail.
This role will suit someone who has previously worked in Technical or App support and is looking for the next opportunity to learn and grow.
Aspire to grow. Grow your knowledge and inspire your team, but also other teams to contribute to our goals
Curious with a desire to learn. Understand our technical ecosystem and bring new ideas of how we can improve the support function and the Operations team at large
Strong written and communication skills. Ability to communicate externally with our merchants in a clear and concise manner, and internally with the various teams involved
Calm and measured. Ability to work under pressure to resolve incidents and liaise with the relevant teams or partners to meet merchant SLAs
Technically-savvy. Ability to perform a thorough first-line investigation to identify technical problems
Keen eye for detail. Detail orientated with excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills
DESIRED BEHAVIORS & COMPETENCE
- Experience in a technical department, preferably in a startup / tech environment (at least one year as a Technical Support Engineer or equivalent)
- Experience working with APIs
- Experienced user of Freshdesk or similar ticketing systems, as well as the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence etc.)
- Basic to intermediate SQL skills (MySQL, Snowflake, Postgres)
- Experience in any of the following an advantage: Postman, Excel, Kibana, Grafana
- Highly numerate, well-organised, and with high attention to detail
- Great teamwork and collaboration is key
- Remains calm in incident/crisis situations
- Ability to multitask and prioritise your workload with a strong sense of urgency and efficiency in order to bring timely resolution to client service requests
- Deadline-oriented and an ability to stick to SLAs
The Technical Support Specialist will be reporting to the Senior Customer Operations Manager and the key tasks include, but not limited to:
- Provide excellent support to merchant issues and queries, and follow the issue through to resolution
- Perform the first-line investigation on all technical queries using the tools and systems available to the Support team as well as your own technical knowledge
- Identify issues and liaise with the L2 technical teams for further investigation and resolution, or escalate issues to third-party partners
- Contribute to the documentation effort to build a comprehensive Knowledge Base for internal and external use
- Work closely with internal teams including Product, Implementations, and Tech
- Be part of the incident management and sending communications to affected merchants for wide-spread issues
PERKS & BENEFITS
Aside from the opportunity to work for a tech-scale up, having great responsibility and varied tasks every day, other benefits include:
Health: Private medical care with AXA Medical Insurance. Life Insurance 4x salary & 5 years' salary protection for critical illness. Bike 2 work scheme
Enrichment: Learning and development training, with a dedicated L&D budget focussed on upskiling, to strengthen your career and progression. Quarterly fireside chats, Apple Mac laptop is also provided with home office gadgets.
Holiday: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. We love birthdays! - additional paid holiday for your birthday (26 days). Holiday increases a day each year after 3 years and have the option to carry 5 days holiday over to the following year.
Work: Hybrid working locations & Flexi hours. We aim at bringing the team into the office twice a week. Our HQ is in the popular Fintech hub of Shoreditch, London. We also give you the option of working 2 weeks a month abroad!
Social: Regular team outings and incentives, we have an annual culture calendar with budgeted monthly activities, such as yoga, quizzes, wine tasting, afternoon tea, office social games, and nibbles, monthly lunches where an employee presents on a subject of choice to the wider team and lunch is on us!
APEXX is a dynamic Fintech scale-up founded in 2016 with the goal of creating cutting-edge payment technology. Our vision is to be the payment industry's most merchant-centric provider. Through our platform a merchant can connect via a simple API connection to the world's payment ecosystem, increasing conversion at lower cost and satisfying their entire payments needs. We excel at bringing transparency, efficiency, and competition to the payments market. What's more, we won the 'Most Disruptive Payment Technology' award in 2018 for the second consecutive year. No other company has ever retained this award and it demonstrates that APEXX is at the forefront of what can be achieved in Payments Technology.
The team is incredibly committed and enthusiastic about what we are building - top of the class payments solutions and a valuable business. This is infectious and creates a wonderful office atmosphere. We have a supportive, relaxed yet high-performing, and high trust culture.
Apexx is an equal opportunities employer committed to encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion among our employees and eliminating discrimination.
We do not accept speculative CVs or candidate profiles from Recruitment Agencies.