Customer Success Manager
UK - Ideally commutable to London weekly
Hours of work
Negotiable depending on experience.
We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to join our UK team but work with our global clients and be focused on developing and influencing elements of the Apexx user journey in order to guide, educate and maximise our customer's needs.
You will act as a trusted partner to our customers and build positive relationships, help our customers understand how our products and solutions work, and ultimately be their main ‘go-to’ person for any merchant queries.
APEXX is looking for someone both commercially and operationally savvy. This role requires expert knowledge of global and local markets, and extensive experience representing digital payments products. It requires experience in Customer Success/Technical Account Manager roles focused on value delivery, account growth, and customer retention.
APEXX’s customer engagement model reflects our core value of Merchant-centricity and our Customer Success Managers are required, and empowered, to exhibit this value in their day-to-day work.
DESIRED BEHAVIOURS & COMPETENCE
- A strong mix of account management and technical support skills
- A true customer excellence advocate who can balance the needs of individual users, alongside building a longer-term strategy to provide exceptional service, at scale
- Have an aptitude for working in a fast-paced start-up culture
- Deep experience and a solid understanding of the payment industry and emerging trends across EMEA
- Extensive experience in a Customer Success/Technical Account Manager role, engaged with enterprise-level customers, within an E-Commerce Payments Gateway and/or Acquirer organisation
- Experienced and comfortable interacting at all levels with diverse roles in a customer organisation; including engineers, product and project managers, risk and compliance managers, and executive leadership
- Strong relationship-building skills coupled with the ability to develop consensus through reasoned negotiation and commitment to data-driven objectivity
- A background of supporting E-Commerce customers across a range of verticals is considered beneficial to support the intended APEXX portfolio
- Experience working with APIs
Experience in any of the following an advantage:
Proficient in the use of Postman
- Proficient use of Excel
- Experience in documenting and diagraming end-to-end eCommerce payment flows
- Experience using Kibana
- Basic to intermediate SQL skills (MySQL, Snowflake, Postgres)
- Experience using Grafana
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology
Handle and resolve customer requests, problems, and complaint
- Monitor, analyse, and interpret APEXX systems data to identify trends that impact the customer experience and identify inefficiencies before they become reported issues
- Minimise customer churn by maintaining ongoing customer relationships, working hand in hand with our Account Managers, Implementation team, and Support team
- Provide customer feedback to the Product team
- Work with customers to establish, track, and report on merchant-specific KPIs
- Work with Account Managers to deliver Merchant Quarterly Business Reviews/Executive Business Reviews
- Collaborate with other teams and take ownership of the coordination of new project launches for live customer
- Collaborate with wider internal teams as required to enhance the quality of the customer lifecycle and realise the APEXX ambition of being the world’s most merchant centric payments provider
Benefits & tools to help you do your job:
- Life Insurance 4x salary & 5 years’ salary protection for critical illness
- £600 yearly learning and development budget
- Flexibility for families
- Regular team outings & incentives
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays. Plus, an extra days holiday for your birthday
- Holiday increases a day each year after 3 years
- The option to carry 5 days holiday to the following year
- Complete Flexi working locations & Flexi hours with the opportunity to hot desk from three of our global offices. Our HQ is in the popular Fintech hub of Shoreditch, London
- Option of working 2 weeks a month abroad! Great for all you digital nomads
- Quarterly fireside chats
- Monthly lunch & learn where an employee presents on a subject of choice to the wider team and lunch is on us
- Bike 2 work scheme
- Mac laptop and home office gadgets
- Fun social activities such as yoga, quizzes, wine tasting, afternoon tea's, office social games, and nibbles
- Enhanced adoption, maternity, and paternity leave
APEXX is a dynamic Fintech scale-up founded in 2016 with the goal of creating cutting-edge payment technology. Our vision is to be the payment industry's most merchant-centric provider. Through our platform a merchant can connect via a simple API connection to the world's payment ecosystem, increasing conversion at lower cost and satisfying their entire payments needs. We excel at bringing transparency, efficiency, and competition to the payments market. What's more, we won the 'Most Disruptive Payment Technology' award in 2018 for the second consecutive year. No other company has ever retained this award and it demonstrates that APEXX is at the forefront of what can be achieved in Payments Technology.
The team is incredibly committed and enthusiastic about what we are building - top of the class payments solutions and a valuable business. This is infectious and creates a wonderful office atmosphere. We have a supportive, relaxed yet high-performing, and high trust culture.
Apexx is an equal opportunities employer committed to encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion among our employees and eliminating discrimination.
We do not accept speculative CVs or candidate profiles from Recruitment Agencies.