We are looking for an Account Executive who will have the responsibility for leading engagements with live APEXX Merchants. The successful candidate will be accountable for the delivery of a world-class customer experience and lifetime customer success.
APEXX is looking for someone both commercially and operationally savvy, adept at coordinating and executing strategic account plans for complex merchant customers, and able to lead external customer and partner stakeholders and an internal account team through influence.
The main focus of the role will be engaging with their customer stakeholders, orchestrating the work of the account management squad to deliver against the Merchant's objectives, delivering the highest quality Merchant experience in a post-live environment, and building a strong platform for continuous account growth and exceptional retention.
This role requires in-depth knowledge of global and local markets, and extensive experience representing digital payments products. It requires experience in account management and/or customer success roles focused on value delivery, account growth, and customer retention.
APEXX’s customer engagement model reflects our core value of Merchant-centricity and our Account Managers are required, and empowered, to exhibit this value in their day-to-day work.
DESIRED BEHAVIOURS & COMPETENCE
- Deep experience and a solid understanding of the payment industry and emerging trends across EMEA
- 2+ years in a Relationship Management role, engaged with enterprise-level B2B customers
- Experienced and comfortable interacting at all levels with diverse roles in a customer organisation; including engineers, product and project managers, risk and compliance managers, and executive leadership
- Strong relationship-building skills coupled with the ability to develop consensus through reasoned negotiation and commitment to data-driven objectivity
- A Background of supporting E-Commerce customers across a range of verticals is considered beneficial to support the intended APEXX portfolio
- Experience working in the following sectors: Banking, FX, or Fintech. Experience working in an E-Commerce Payments Gateway and/or Acquirer organisation would be ideal!
- Coordinate and APEXX Account Management POD in delivery of Merchant objectives, account growth targets, and key customer satisfaction metrics
- Accountable for defining, aligning, and executing strategic account plans for your assigned Merchant portfolio
- Lead interaction with Merchants as the conduit to the APEXX Account Management POD and develop a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with key stakeholders in the Merchant organisation
- Deliver Merchant QBR/EBRs, take ownership of customer renewal/retention, and coordinate new project launches for live customers
- Collaborate with wider internal teams as required to enhance the quality of the customer lifecycle and realise the APEXX ambition of being the world’s most merchant centric payments provider
APEXX is a dynamic Fintech scale-up founded in 2016 with the goal of creating cutting-edge payment technology. Our vision is to be the payment industry's most merchant-centric provider. Through our platform a merchant can connect via a simple API connection to the world's payment ecosystem, increasing conversion at lower cost and satisfying their entire payments needs. We excel at bringing transparency, efficiency, and competition to the payments market. What's more, we won the 'Most Disruptive Payment Technology' award in 2018 for the second consecutive year. No other company has ever retained this award and it demonstrates that APEXX is at the forefront of what can be achieved in Payments Technology.
The team is incredibly committed and enthusiastic about what we are building - top of the class payments solutions and a valuable business. This is infectious and creates a wonderful office atmosphere. We have a supportive, relaxed yet high-performing, and high trust culture.
Benefits, Perks, and Tools to help you do your job:
- APEXX pension scheme with Scottish Widows
- Life Insurance 4x salary & 5 years’ salary protection for critical illness
- £600 yearly learning and development budget
- Flexibility for parents
- Monthly team outings & incentives. Some of our recent ones include: Yoga, Break Out Rooms, APEXX Quizzes, Wine Tasting, Afternoon Tea's, Golf Tournaments
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holiday. Plus, an extra day holiday for your birthday
- Holiday increases a day each year after 3 years with Apexx
- The option to carry 5 days holiday to the following year
- Complete Flexi working locations & Flexi hours with the opportunity to hot desk from three of our global offices. Our HQ is in the popular Fintech hub of Shoreditch, London
- Option of working 2 weeks a month abroad!
- Monthly Fireside Chats and learning programs
- Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Mac Laptop & Tech Gadgets
- Enhanced Adoption, Maternity, & Paternity Leave
Apexx is an equal opportunities employer committed to encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion among our employees and eliminating discrimination.
We do not accept speculative CVs or candidate profiles from Recruitment Agencies.