Due to continued growth and identification of new areas to expand our product offering, our VP of Product and Implementation is looking for an experienced Product Manager to join the team.
● You should have experience in delivering a b2b payments/ fintech product to market.
● Aspire to grow. Grow your knowledge and inspire your team, but also other teams to contribute to our goals.
● Curious with a desire to learn. Understand our customers, the market, and our competition.
● Big picture. Ability to think end-to-end through complex products and identify areas of challenge.
● Be decisive and give direction. Focus on delivering what’s truly important. Don’t get distracted by the noise.
● Calm and measured. Ability to work under pressure, multitask and consistently meet aggressive deadlines.
● Strong written and communication skills. Comfortable communicating with internal and external stakeholders on challenging issues.
● Data-driven. Ability to think both tactically and strategically. Ultimately your focus should be to prioritise the value you can add to customers.
● Keen eye for detail. Detail orientated with excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills
● Commercially astute. Commercial mind-set that can spot and optimise opportunities.
● Experience working with REST APIs a must.
● The tools. Experience with tools such as JIRA, Postman, Confluence, Miro and Airtable is a plus.
● Background in an eCommerce payment gateway/ Buy Now Pay Later provider is a plus.
What you will be doing
● Feature development. Work with the VP Product and Strategy team to identify gaps in product features and deliver a product that overcomes problems faced by Merchants and Partners.
● Develop and grow the roadmap. Contribute ideas for feature development and work alongside VP Product and Strategy team to ensure a constant funnel of game changing features and products.
● Deliver it. You're responsible for the delivery of the backlog to Customer facing environments. Oversee successful delivery of product features and integrations.
● Use case development. We have researched the problems that we are trying to overcome for our customers, focus on writing requirements & product stories that create solutions to address them
● Drive it. You developed the roadmap. Drive sprint goals to achieve delivering to it.
● Own it. Take responsibility for the end to end product delivery. You’re responsible for its success.
● Tell the story. Production documentation, diagrams, release notes, that take our customers and you stakeholders on the journey.
● Teach it. As required provide training to internal and external stakeholders.
APEXX is a dynamic fintech scale-up founded in 2016 with the goal of creating cutting-edge payment technology. Our vision is to be the payment industry's most merchant-centric provider. Through our platform a merchant can connect via a simple API connection to the world's payment ecosystem, increasing conversion at lower cost and satisfying their entire payment needs. We excel at bringing transparency, efficiency, and competition to the payments market. What's more, we won the 'Most Disruptive Payment Technology' award in 2018 for the second consecutive year. No other company has ever retained this award and it demonstrates that APEXX is at the forefront of what can be achieved in Payments Technology.
The team is incredibly committed and enthusiastic about what we are building - top of the class payments solutions and a valuable business. This is infectious and creates a wonderful office atmosphere. We have a supportive, relaxed yet high-performing and high trust culture.
Apart from the opportunity to work for a tech start-up? Having great responsibility, autonomy in achieving success criteria and varied tasks every day. We are a flexible working company and believe our team should have more flexible working hours to balance work life with family life.
Other benefits include:
- APEXX pension scheme with Scottish Widows
- Life Insurance 4x salary & 5 years’ salary protection for critical illness
- £600 yearly learning and development budget
- Childcare Vouchers & Flexibility for families
- Monthly team outings & incentives
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holiday. Plus, an extra day holiday for your birthday
- The option to carry 5 days holiday to the following year
- Complete flexi working locations & flexi hours with the opportunity to hot desk from three of our global offices. Our HQ is in the popular Fintech hub of Shoreditch, London
- Option of working 2 weeks a month abroad
- Monthly Fireside Chats and learning programs
- Bike 2 work scheme
Apexx is an equal opportunities employer committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our employees and eliminating discrimination.
We do not accept speculative CV’s or candidate profiles from Recruitment Agencies.