Due to continued growth, Apexx is currently looking for a highly analytical and forward-thinking Compliance Analyst to join our Compliance & Risk team in London.
Key functions of the role include working cross-functionally with Compliance, IT Security, and Legal; driving projects to completion; developing strategies based on data; balancing business needs, updating compliance and security policies, and supporting the wider team on obtaining our PCI-DSS & ISO27001 certifications.
The ideal candidate for this role will currently work in a Compliance Analyst role or similar in a Fintech or Payments organisation.
DESIRED BEHAVIOURS & COMPETENCE
- Deep experience and solid understanding of the payment industry and emerging trends across EMEA
- 3+ Years’ experience within a compliance and/or information security role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound judgment and ability to know when to escalate matters
- Strong compliance, risk management and auditing experience within payment services
- Experience with compliance standards such as: ISO, ITIL, NIST, PCI, and SOC
- Experience with data privacy regulations such as GDPR, and any other international data privacy regulations
- Certification preferred in Information Security/GDPR/AML/Compliance
- Experience working in the Fintech, or Payments sector
- Contributes to the drafting, updating, and implementation of policies, procedures, and monitoring requirements
- Assists with merchants, partners, and service providers compliance onboarding, screening, and risk assessment;
- Assist with ongoing support of our PCI DSS, ISO 27001 certification, as well as GDPR and new regulatory or compliance needs
- Supports the Head of Compliance & Risk in various compliance-related researches
- Serves as a support resource to assist with information compliance, security & risk questions for the organisation, and for merchants, partners, service providers, auditors, and regulators
- Assists in the development of a security and compliance knowledge base to be utilised while responding to information security requests, and questionnaires from merchants, partners, and service providers
- Maintains all relevant compliance registers and compliance records
- Assists in conducting and responding to investigations, reviews, third-party vulnerability monitoring, security audits, and risk assessments, as and where required
- Evaluate and report key metrics relating to information security projects, monitoring programs, and issues.
- Assist with development and delivery of compliance, data protection and security awareness training
- BS in Legal/Economics/Computer Science/Information Systems/IT, etc.
Apart from the opportunity to work for a tech start-up? Having great responsibility, autonomy in achieving success criteria, and varied tasks every day. We are a flexible working company and believe our team should have more flexible working hours to balance work life with family life.
Other benefits include:
- APEXX pension scheme with Scottish Widows
- Life Insurance 4x salary & 5 years’ salary protection for critical illness
- £600 yearly learning and development budget
- Childcare Vouchers & Flexibility for families
- Monthly team outings & incentives
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holiday. Plus, an extra day holiday for your birthday
- The option to carry 5 days holiday to the following year
- Complete Flexi working locations & Flexi hours with the opportunity to hot desk from three of our global offices. Our HQ is in the popular Fintech hub of Shoreditch, London
- Option of working 2 weeks a month abroad
- Monthly Fireside Chats and learning programs
- Bike 2 work scheme
APEXX is a dynamic fintech scale-up founded in 2016 with the goal of creating cutting edge payment technology. Our vision is to be the payment industry's most merchant centric provider. Through our platform a merchant can connect via a simple API connection to the world's payment ecosystem, increasing conversion at lower cost and satisfying their entire payments needs. We excel at bringing transparency, efficiency and competition to the payments market. What's more, we won the 'Most Disruptive Payment Technology' award in 2018 for the second consecutive year. No other company has ever retained this award and it demonstrates that APEXX is at the forefront of what can be achieved in Payments Technology.
The team is incredibly committed and enthusiastic about what we are building - top of the class payments solutions and a valuable business. This is infectious and creates a wonderful office atmosphere. We have a supportive, relaxed yet high performing and high trust culture.
Apexx is an equal opportunities employer committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our employees and eliminating discrimination.
We do not accept speculative CV’s or candidate profiles from Recruitment Agencies.