We are looking for an Account Manager who will have the responsibility for leading engagements with live APEXX Merchants. The successful candidate will be a servant leader within a customer-facing account team accountable for the delivery of a world-class customer experience and lifetime customer success.
APEXX is looking for someone both commercially and operationally savvy, adept at coordinating and executing strategic account plans for complex merchant customers, and able to lead external customer and partner stakeholders and an internal account team through influence.
The main focus of the role will be engaging with their customer stakeholders, orchestrating the work of the account management squad to deliver against the Merchant objectives, delivering the highest quality Merchant experience in a post-live environment, and building a strong platform for continuous account growth and exceptional retention.
This role requires expert knowledge of global and local markets, and extensive experience representing digital payments products. It requires experience in account management and/or customer success roles focused on value delivery, account growth, and customer retention.
Apexx's customer engagement model reflects our core value of Merchant-centricity and our Account Managers are required, and empowered, to exhibit this value in their day-to-day work.
DESIRED BEHAVIOURS & COMPETENCE
- Deep experience and a solid understanding of the payment industry and emerging trends across EMEA
- 5+ years in a Relationship Management role, engaged with enterprise-level B2B customers, within an E-Commerce Payments Gateway and/or Acquirer organisation
- Experienced and comfortable interacting at all levels with diverse roles in a customer organisation; including engineers, product and project managers, risk and compliance managers, and executive leadership
- Strong relationship-building skills coupled with the ability to develop consensus through reasoned negotiation and commitment to data-driven objectivity
- A Background of supporting E-Commerce customer across a range of verticals is considered beneficial to support the intended APEXX portfolio
- Experience working for a start-up/scale-up would be ideal
- Coordinate an APEXX Account Management POD through servant leadership in the delivery of Merchant objectives, account growth targets, and key customer satisfaction metrics
- Accountable for defining, aligning, and executing strategic account plans for your assigned Merchant portfolio
- Lead interaction with Merchants as the conduit to the APEXX Account Management POD and develop a ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with key stakeholder in the Merchant organisation as they define and execute their Payments Strategy
- Deliver Merchant QBR/EBRs, take ownership of customer renewal/retention, and coordinate new project launches for live customers
- Collaborate with wider internal teams as required to enhance the quality of the customer lifecycle and realise the APEXX ambition of being the world’s most merchant centric payments provider
APEXX is a dynamic fintech scale-up founded in 2016 with the goal of creating cutting-edge payment technology. Our vision is to be the payment industry's most merchant-centric provider. Through our platform a merchant can connect via a simple API connection to the world's payment ecosystem, increasing conversion at lower cost and satisfying their entire payment needs. We excel at bringing transparency, efficiency, and competition to the payments market. What's more, we won the 'Most Disruptive Payment Technology' award in 2018 for the second consecutive year. No other company has ever retained this award and it demonstrates that APEXX is at the forefront of what can be achieved in Payments Technology.
The team is incredibly committed and enthusiastic about what we are building - top of the class payments solutions and a valuable business. This is infectious and creates a wonderful office atmosphere. We have a supportive, relaxed yet high-performing and high trust culture.
Apexx is an equal opportunities employer committed to encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion among our employees and eliminating discrimination.
Speculative CV's and profile from Recruitment Agencies will not be considered